Prepare For a Career in Energy
- Get good grades
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Take courses related to your field of interest
- Take core courses in:
- Gain leadership experience
- Join student organizations related to your field of interest
- Become an intern or co-op student
- Think about what you like to do and see how your interests might fit into a skilled trade
- Research growing trades where you live or an area where you may be open to moving
- Consider your preferences. Do you prefer working outside or inside? Are you ok with heights, or nervous about tight spaces?
- Volunteer with an organization that will train you in skills related to your career goals.
- Learn soft skills (resume, interviewing, and working with a team) by getting a paid job in any field while still in high school. This will build confidence and your resume!
- Find an apprenticeship and get paid while you learn!
- Join a student network group in your field of interest
- Seek out a mentor already in your career of interest
- Work hard!
Ready to Jump-Start Your Career in Energy?
There are many schools in Florida offering programs to prepare you for an exciting, rewarding career!
Get into Energy Florida partners
Other Training Locations
Find Energy Training
Discover energy career opportunities near you!
© 2021 The Florida Energy Workforce Consortium